21 September 2012

Day 101: True Care Knows no Compromise

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to take it for granted that doctors' handwriting is illegible.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think it's normal and acceptable that doctors' handwriting is illegible, even on medical prescriptions, thinking that doctors 'can't help but write in an illegible manner'.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that that there can be serious consequences if doctors do not clearly state/write what the patient requires as medication and how/how often the medication should be administered - and thus, that it is of great importance that the doctor writes the prescriptions in a clear and legible manner - as important as the diagnosis itself.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to question why doctors never do an effort to change their handwriting and what it implies about who they are within being a doctor; that they do not actually care about life or their patients, but that they only care about their egos and other people seeing them as 'more'/'superior' to them, so that they can feel real good about themselves.

I forgive msyelf for accepting and allowing myself to believe, as a doctor, that I have the right to a crappy/illegible handwriting, because I have studied for over 7 years in order to do a great service to humanity by becoming a medic - and therefore, I am allowed to have an illegible handwriting as a reminder to everyone how I have sacrificed so much of my time and money to benefit others.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe, as a doctor, that I deserve the praise of my fellow human beings for my 'selflessness' in becoming a doctor, instead of being honest with myself and admitting that I really just wanted to have a good-paying job and wanted to be a respected citizen - and not because of selflessness - because if the doctor really wanted to do a service to his fellow human beings, he would make sure his handwriting is legible so as to provide the best possible care to his patients and mimise possible harm.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be 'content' with a doctor who simply has a lot of knowledge, instead of realising that a real caretaker would perform every part of this duty with care - including the writing out of the prescription.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to question an economic system wherein people become doctors not because they really care about people, but just because they wish to get recognition and a lot of money - where we place our trust, our health and our lives in the hands of people who really only care about themselves, their wealth and their reputation.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that any economic system wherein someone's job is a means towards an end (money/income) - will always produce professionals who perform below standard, because they are more concerned with the end that with the means - whereas, in an Equal Money System, the job is the end in itself, as someone will have a certain profession as a means of self-realisation and self-fulfilment and not because of any other ulterior motives.

I commit myself to expose the superficiality of the elite in that they really worry about what people think of them, just like everybody else.

I commit myself to expose how the seemingly selfless individuals in society merely act according to their own self-interest and within that, cause harm to others - all perpetuated by our economic system that assumes of human beings that they cannot be anything else/anything more than egoistical creatures who eventually only care about themselves - instead of acknowledging that human beings have limited themselves to believe that all we can be is self-serving creatures, when we are able to change and transform ourselves to serve life.

And thus, I commit myself to designing, establishing and promoting an Equal Money System that supports human beings to realise their full potential without harming others in the process.

I commit myself to discover and in turn educate people on what it means to care and that there are no compromises within this, where we cannot pretend to care based on these and these facts if we are still allowing acts of inconsideration and harm out of self-interest.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment