15 September 2012

Day 96: Individual Above Group?

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise how we are depleting the Earth's resources at a rate that is way too fast for Earth to keep up with, without there being any real reason to it, as we can,as humanity, decide to restructure our societies and economies, so that only what is required is produced and so that all resources are used in the most effective way.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that capitalism is the only economic system that ensures efficient use of resources, when it is obvious that it is capitalism and the incentive for more, more, more profit that is causing us to use up way more resources than necessary, where everything is made to break, and things are used for only a few years and then tossed back to the Earth in a manner that will take ages to be reprocessed and re-assimilated into/by the natural environment.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise how the Earth keeps on supporting us unconditionally, and all we're doing is work against her.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that an economic system that is apparently superior to anything else, where one of the consequences of this system is that the Earth is on a steady road to destruction, is obviously nothing but a failure and requires immediate correction.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that if I continue to act in a way that only considers what I think is best for me and disregard what is best for the whole and each human being on Earth keeps doing the same - then we will destroy the whole, and take ourselves down with it, because we are part of the whole, and - like it or not - we cannot exist without it.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise the extent of the delusion of the mind if it thinks that the individual is more important than the group - because if you look at the physical reality - you as an individual is absolutely useless, and you simply cannot survive without an environment of animals and plants that support your physical existence - because if the individual were more important than the group, then you wold not require plants and animals to feed off, you would not require trees to purify the air for you, you would not require the soil to purify the water for you, you would not require physical support to heal your body, and so on and so forth - but you obviously do - which means that the group really is really as important as the individual, because without a group, there is no individual.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that when a simplistic solution is presented to a big problem, that it must mean that the solution cannot work - instead of realising, that we simply have been completely ignorant to the stupidity of our ways, in that, all along, we could've changed our world by making simple adjustments - but we didn't.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that all job-related problems are really unnecessary, as with each person working for a time of 4 years, the labour supply would be sufficient at all times.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that the statement "that's life" that is spoken in relation to all the heartaches and pressures that come with finding a job, keeping a job and making sure to have enough savings or retirement funds - is completely invalid - and simply indicates the extent of our acceptance of the current situation, where we equate conditions of absolute and continued abuse, to life.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to give up before having started in thinking that there is no way we can restructure and reorganise our societies and economies in a way that allows us to work together with the Earth and each other, where in the end, everyone is better off - because it seems like such a 'daunting' and unimaginable task - when really, if we take it step by step, breath by breath - it can practically be done.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment